SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A Year in Review {2015}

It's crazy to think another year is almost come and gone. Before we close the book of 2015 I'd like to take a look back on each chapter (month) of this book! It was a great one here in the Schmidt household!

January: This month we celebrated Brad's 28th birthday by eating at Hall's Chophouse courtesy of my bosses! It was probably the second best steak we've ever eaten (first being the space needle steak). This month we also found over 15 starfish during our walk at Folly Beach! This may be a totally lame highlight of my year but it makes my list!

February: I hosted our first annual Valentine's Dinner! I had such a blast planning and decorating for this  party! I can't wait to start planning the next one! :) Brad planned our celebrations for actual Valentine's Day this year and they included a sunrise on the beach and trying out a great brunch spot, Lost Dog cafe!

March: This was such a crazy month for us! We spent a lot of time in the car between driving to Georgia for various reasons! Brad attended his first dental conference, the Hinman.

April: Thanks to our apartment complex we got to attend my first ever hockey game, supporting the Charleston sting rays! It was so fun because we had great seats and it was free and that always makes the best kind of date nights!

May: Brad took a break from studying and we got out and enjoyed the great weather by going to see the ghost busters film on one of the squares downtown. It was so fun to hear music before hand, grab some food from the vendors and just enjoy time with one another. We also attended one of our friends cinco de mayo party and had a great time and enjoyed yummy food!

June: In June I got to host a bridal shower for my cousin Shae! It was so fun to take on that task and I had a blast planning it! (I love parties!)

July: We celebrated the 4th by picking blueberries in the morning, having a picnic lunch with some friends, then going to the fireworks later that day with different friends. It's a Fourth of July I'll never forget because it was SO rainy and stormy! Then we were back in Georgia again for my cousins wedding! It was a hot but great day! We also celebrated 3 years of marriage, most days it feels like we've been together for a lot longer than that. It was a super low key celebration but that's what happens when your anniversary falls on a Sunday!

August: This was probably the best month out of the year for us because we found out we are expecting a baby come April 2016! We are still over the moon excited and I don't think that will ever change! My friend, Katie threw a great surprise birthday party for me to celebrate turning 24. Seriously she's the best!

September: I honestly have zero pictures from this month! So I can't even remember what happened besides announcing to social media that we were pregnant! Other than that I spent this month going to bed super early (I'm talking 7ish some nights) and throwing up about once every three days. Pregnancy sure is glamorous. Brad of course was busy with school and picking up my slack! He is seriously the best!

October: Such a fun month and I'm pretty sure it's because it pretty much starts all the holiday celebrations! We went to a pumpkin patch with some of our friends from the apartment complex and it was SO fun! They have a hayride that you can feed cows on when they take you out to the pasture, they seriously come right up to you! We left the patch without a pumpkin but still had a great time! We had our ward trunk or treat and then we went over to some friends house for a party on the actually day of Halloween!

November: Another month that I can't really remember much of. This is why I should take more pictures! My mom came out for thanksgiving though and  we enjoyed a lovely thanksgiving meal with our dear friends the Meree's and McGauleys! After that my mom and I did some serious Black Friday shopping! I love when my mom comes to visit!

December: I feel like this month is so busy for everyone. For the majority of it I felt like I was a chicken running with my head cut off and had one too many emotional breakdowns! On the 4th we found out that little baby b is a girl and I've had such a fun time getting things ready for her nursery and buying clothes for her! Brad and I got to enjoy the week of Christmas with my family and now it's back to reality where my days are filled with working.

We are so thankful for all the many things we've been blessed with this year and can't wait to see what 2016 has in store for us! But if 2016 wants to fast forward to April we won't be mad over here, can't wait to have our sweet girl in our arms!

Happy New Year friends! May it bring you love and happiness! :)

Post a Comment