SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

28 week appointment

Hello Third Trimester! So very nice to see you!


Today I had my 28 week appointment. I was scheduled for my glucose test, an ultrasound, and an appointment with my doctor. Excitement all around.

First of all I was SO nervous about the glucose test. People make it sound like it's the worst thing ever. I actually really liked the drink (I got the orange flavor) and the part I hated was getting my blood drawn but that isn't anything new. I'm hoping I don't get a call tomorrow saying I have to take the 3 hour test. Fingers crossed.

Anyways, after beginning the test I got called back for my ultrasound. At first I was really worried because it was the tech who was so rude to me at my first ultrasound. Luckily she seemed to be in a better mood today and was actually sweet and we did lots of looking at baby girl in 3D. The woman probably thought I was crazy as I had tears rolling down my face seeing our sweet girl actually looking like a human! Poor thing has my huge nose and personally I think looks a lot like me but with Brad's chin. I think she's absolutely adorable the way she is but of course I may be biased because I'm her mom. She will always be beautiful in my eyes. I asked the technician if she could tell if she had any hair and of course my fear of having a bald baby might just be coming true. I see lots of bows and headbands in our future!

The rest of my appointment went well. Baby girl is measuring about a week-week and a half smaller than she should be. She weighs a whopping 2lbs 2oz, but my doctor isn't too concerned yet. She did tell me after I get the results back from my glucose test tomorrow, I need to start packing on the pounds so that will be real exciting. I'll have another ultrasound in a month to make sure she is growing more and if not we will go from there, all my other appointments will be every 2 weeks from here on out though. I'm really praying she grows though because my doctor said if not then we will have to discuss a plan for a growth restricted baby. So here's to packing on the pounds so baby girl can get the nutrients she needs to grow and be healthy!


Post a Comment