SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Introducing

Brynn Arrington Schmidt 


Born Sunday April 17th 2016
at 2:20 in the afternoon
weighing in at 6lbs 7oz and 19.25in long 

We have been in absolute heaven the past week with her in our home. I thought I would share her birth story before I forgot it. No worries I won't make it graphic, haha.

On Saturday the 16th (my due date) I started having contractions about 7 min apart at 4 pm. This wasn't anything out of the blue as I had been having contractions for the past week or so. By 5 pm they were 5 min apart so we called the doctor and she told me to labor as long as I could at home. By 7 pm they were coming every 3 min and were getting more intense.

Everyone always tells you to eat before you go to the hospital because once you are there you can't. So we stopped for Chickfila and I got a kids meal. I couldn't even finish it because I was in so much pain. So we headed into the hospital.

Anyone who knows me knows I have some serious white coat syndrome which makes my blood pressure soar. Well apparently with that and eating combined my contractions had slowed down back to 7 min apart. Because my blood pressure was high and we had an induction date set for Wednesday they decided they would just go ahead and admit me. So by 10pm I was admitted and they got me started on my IV and pitocin. 

I continued to have contractions throughout the night but nothing I couldn't handle. By 8am on Sunday the doctor came in and broke my water, I was at a 5 when she did that. It is the weirdest feeling ever. Once she did that I labored for another hour and a half before asking for the epidural. Goodness gracious was that epidural heavenly. I will never forget how the anesthesiologist looked, he had the biggest and pointiest ears I've ever seen and was so tall. 

I was comfortable until I started to transition but I went from a 7-10  within a hour. By 12 it was time to push. My epidural was messing with my contraction consistency so they turned it off right as I began pushing. After 2 hours of pushing Brynn finally made her appearance at 2:20pm. She came out with her hand right by her head which didn't make pushing easy, but she was here and healthy! Which is all we cared about. 

I honestly had the best nurses and doctors for each part of my labor and delivery. I had nurses that were very cut and dry when I didn't want them to sugar coat things and during my delivery I had the most encouraging nurse and doctor. I'm so thankful that Brad was there for me every step of the way. I honestly couldn't have done any of it without him.

We spent the next hour just loving our baby girl and spending time as a new family of three. That hour is one I will always remember and treasure. We are so blessed to have such an incredible girl and are looking forward to all the adventures we are going to have!  


Post a Comment