SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Always Remember

9.11.01
 
A day I'm pretty sure none of us will ever forget. I have been trying to think of what to say all day long, I see
so many Facebook status' and it's like I can't put my own feelings into words, almost out of fear that I won't be able express myself perfectly. There are so many wonderful articles I have read that people express their feelings of that day so beautifully in. 
Although I was only in the fourth grade I will never forget that day and how that tragedy caused our country to unite and fight as a nation. I will never forget how patriotic everyone seemed to be. Everyone was in it together even through all the hurt that people were experiencing.

Yes there are bad people in the world, yes bad things do happen {even to good people}. If only we could be as united now as we were in that time period, if only we could have so much love for our neighbors and strangers as we did then, if only we honored our heroes and thanked them for their sacrifice and service as much as we did then, if only we lived as if today was our last day because it just might be.The world would be such a better place.

We are so blessed to live in a country with so many freedoms. I am so thankful for the servicemen who sacrifice time away from their families to fight for our freedom and safety on a daily basis. I am thankful that through that tragedy we were able to put prejudices aside and come together as one. I hope that one day it won't take a tragedy to unite us.  

Post a Comment