SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

After having my share of the sinus infection I was itching to get out of the house. Luckily for me, work did not take my call in and mother nature decided to bless us with a beautiful day. So what did we decide to do...go to the zoo, of course!

We both got ready, packed a picnic lunch, hopped in the car, rolled the windows and sun roof down and made our way to the zoo. Luckily for us the Rosamond Gifford Zoo is only about 20 minutes away from our house and has a cheap admission fee of $8.00 for adults.

With such a cheap entrance fee we figured that the zoo would be kind of lame but boy were we wrong! The exhibits were awesome and we saw so many different kinds of animals. It really was the perfect little outing. My favorite animals at the zoo are always the elephants so I was overjoyed when we saw new baby elephant! They even had a maternity ward building for the elephants which was so neat to walk through.

It was so neat to see so many of the animals up close, though I'm pretty sure it was nap time for over half of the animals there!

After we finished at the exhibits we found this field near the entrance of the zoo with an awesome staircase and of course a picnic and mini photoshoot was necessary.

I have tried up loading some of the pics but blogger is being a little iffy so I'll keep trying another day. Until then Happy Tuesday! 


Post a Comment