SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, April 5, 2013

Pilates

I figured now that it's almost been a week since Easter I should probably post about how we spent our Easter Weekend. Friday night we dyed Easter Eggs for our date night. It was a lot of fun! I even made a pink polka dotted one (my fav) Saturday we were blessed with beautiful weather, it was almost as if spring was right on our doorstep. I also did some Easter crafting! Sunday morning we woke up and went to church! I wore my new chevron maxi skirt which has to be hands down the most comfortable piece of clothing I own. Our sacrament meeting was all about missionary work which bothered me a little bit because it was Easter Sunday for crying out loud. I personally feel like it should have been about our Savior's Atonement and Resurrection, since that is what we are actually celebrating at Easter. Anyways, then we went to Sunday school which was again about missionary work. Then it was my turn to teach in young women's. Just a little heads up, I hate teaching. I love making handouts and doing all the fun things that go along with a lesson but asking me to teach, it is not my favorite. I sometimes feel as if I'm not qualified enough for the job. I'm not much older than these girls and sometimes it's a tad bit intimidating. I have a really embarrassing story though. I know everyone enjoys those. I was so focused on my reading in my lesson that I pronounced Pilate as Pilates (like the exercise). SERIOUSLY?!?! Can't even believe that happened. At least non of the girls noticed. I cried. So embarrassing. Also I had this wonderful Easter dinner planned out but half of the things didn't get made because I forgot to buy half the things I needed. However, we did have a delicious ham, green bean casserole, a hash brown casserole, and of course a bunny cake! 

Easter Egg Date Night
Easter Sunday!

2 comments :

  1. I didn't even make an easter dinner because I forgot half the stuff. Oh and actually I probably would have made the same mistake. The way they told me you pronounced PILOT as pilate. No worries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's spelled Pilate in the Bible, pronounced like Pilot. It was definitely a blonde moment. I seriously forgot a ton of stuff for that dinner but I got a few dishes the right way.

      Delete