SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, May 31, 2013

FAMILY

I think it must be because I just spent a week in Georgia with all of my family there but today I have been feeling really grateful for the family that I am blessed to call mine. Are we perfect...no, not at all. In fact we have been through some really hard times together. But I wouldn't trade those hard times for anything. They have taught me how important family is and that if you don't stick together life will be really hard and tough. You will feel lonely and like you have no one to turn to. I am so blessed to have such a supportive family that has always shown their love for me {although at the time I may not have seen it that way}. Each member of my family plays such an important role in our family dynamics.

Everyone meet Mo and Faddah
They make a cute pair, huh?! I sure think so, I'm thankful for genetics to say the least. My mom and dad are the best! I know everyone says that but mine really are. They are the best example of Christ like love that I know. They love us no matter what and make sure we know it daily. They love us for who we are and what we can become. They see our full potential and do everything they can to help us get there. They are our number one cheerleaders. They are also best friends who love when we love and who hurt when we hurt. They have taught us that family is always supposed to be there for each other even when its hard. Seeing them take their roles as Honey and Dude {their grandma and grandpa names} when my niece was born last September has made me love them even more. Their love for little Zoe radiates just as much as it does for us girls. They have so much love in their hearts. I hope to one day be the mom that my mom is for me. She is my best friend and I truly treasure that relationship. My dad showed me what qualities to look for in a husband and I really appreciate his wisdom and tender heart.

Meet the Brinkerhoff Clan
This is my older sister, Afton, her husband Gregg, and darling baby Zoe. First confession: I have ALWAYS coveted Afton's voice. She has the voice of an angel and I loved growing up hearing her sing, plus she is a lovely piano player. Afton also has the perfect complexion, something I have been and always will be super jealous of. She is an elegant woman, like a timeless beauty. She is a wonderful mom to little Zoe. Gregg is an awesome brother in law. He is quick and witty and a excellent dad to his daughter and loves my sister so much. He does everything he can for their little family, and we all appreciate that he takes care of two girls we love.  Zoe has blessed our family in so many ways. She has brought us closer together and she is our little ray of sunshine. She is the prettiest baby I have ever seen and she has such a happy spirit.

Here is the baby sister
Everyone this is Colby. Possibly one of the sweetest girls I know. This girl is beautiful inside and out. Her heart is SO big. She always sticks up for the underdog, and won't let anyone get bullied or bashed. She is so smart and beautiful. She has the longest legs in our family and I am so jealous of them, she has my dream body...and her eyelashes are to die for. She is a great aunt to baby Zoe. I know she has so much potential in this life and I can't wait to see her accomplish everything that is in store for her!

And last but not least
This handsome man is my husband! I feel so blessed to be his wifey. He makes me so happy. He is such a hard worker and such a tender hearted boy. He is kind to everyone even when I feel like half the time they don't deserve it. This boy has overcome so much and I know how much he has to offer. I can't wait to see what our future holds!

I am so blessed to have THIS family and to have the knowledge that I can be with them forever. I am trying to become a better daughter, sister, and wife and I am so grateful to have these people by my side to encourage me and help me along the way. I love you all so very much!

Post a Comment