SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Not Always Fun & Games

This past week was a crazy week for me. A sick baby girl made for a REALLY long week and I struggled a lot. I questioned my ability to be a good mom a lot. I'm sure my mom got tired of me calling and complaining/crying to her everyday this week because as a mom of three she's been there more than a couple of times. I only get a little glimpse into parenthood since I'm just a nanny but y'all the whole parenting thing isn't all fun and games and this week I definitely experience the not so fun part of parenthood.

The "icing on the cake" this week was when our battery died in the car. Luckily, I was within walking distance to work so I left the car in the parking lot and just walked. After I had put in my hours at work I went back to the park. Brad and I share a car so it's not like I could call and have him come and rescue me (plus he was in class) so I popped the hood of the car and pulled out the cables and basically made myself look really desperate for help. Eventually an older gentleman came and helped me and I could've cried and hugged the guy, I was so thankful. I'm also extremely grateful that my dad is basically a car guru and that I can call him and 99.9% of the time he knows exactly what the problem is and approximately how much it is going to cost to get it fixed.

I have to say that when I am going through trials I am more aware of all of the tender mercies the Lord gives to me. I know He is aware of me and the He knows what I am going through and I am really grateful for that knowledge. I am grateful for the people who listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Who reached out to me and helped me, whether it was something big or just as simple as asking how my day was or listened to me while.

Thankfully I had such a relaxing weekend. Usually they feel like they fly by but this time I am feeling well rested and prepared for this next week. I got a lot of spring cleaning done in our apartment, so hurry up spring, I'm ready for warmer weather! :) 

Post a Comment