SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, June 21, 2015

with a very special love

Today the children in our primary got up and sang a song they have been learning for Father's Day. It goes like this:

The father of our home leads our family
With wisdom's light in all that's right;
My father's good to me.
Fathers are so special with a very special love.
They watch us and protect us.
They guide us and direct us
Back to our home above.

I love this so much. I often find that I can't make it through a song about moms and dads without it pulling at my heart strings and I end up balling my eyes out. Growing up has really made me treasure the relationships that I have with each of my parents, but today I'm going to highlight my dad. 


 My dad holds such a special place in heart. There have been times where I have wondered if he ever felt like I didn't care as much about him because of the amazing relationship I have with my mom. I really hope he didn't because that is not the case at all and it would break my heart. I love him deeply. There is one letter (my love language remember)in particular that my dad wrote to me while I was at girls camp one year that I will treasure forever and think about often. The words he expressed illustrated so beautifully the special love that he has for me. 

I'm so thankful to my dad for being the perfect dad to us girls. I'm sure it's every man's dream to have a son that he can play sports with, go fishing, and do other boy activities, but I never felt like my dad wished one of us was a boy. He loves us for who we are, the good and the bad. I remember all the times he would just sit on the couch and let us play beauty shop as we put bows in his hair and did his toe nails. He is the definition of a MAN. 

Thank you dad for always calling me Brettly. It never fails to put a smile on my face. Thank you for all the personal conversations we had on our way to and from Valdosta and the airports. They are times I will always hold dear to my heart. Thank you for always "guiding and directing me back to my home above", by example of your faithfulness and dedication to the church. I love you Faddah and hope you've had a wonderful father's day.

Post a Comment