SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Random Ramblings {Take 3}

I have realized that lately I just blog about random things. I have mixed feelings about this. I am a very Type A personality kind of gal, so I like my order and organization. I would love to have themed posts that release every week on certain days. However, life seems to be full of random thoughts and moments so I feel as though this is the best way to document all of that. So here we go.

We haven't even been living in New York for a month yet but it has been such an incredible change so far. We have already made a couple of new friends from our ward. Speaking of our ward, we absolutely love it. It is small, sweet, and simple. Brad's job here allows him to be home more which makes this wifey happy. Happy wife equals happy life. Our apartment just feels so much more like home here. I am loving having hardwood and tile floors (with radiant heating) and a fireplace (which I'm pretty sure we turn on every day). We have the nicest neighbors here who are so helpful and so kind. Plus we are on the same time zone as our families which makes me super happy.

I absolutely LOVE Christmas. Seriously what's not to love? I have my wonderful mother to thank for my love of Christmas. She does Christmas the best with all her Nativities and themed trees! Brad and I got a real Christmas Tree this year. I have never had one in my life so I am soaking it all in. We had such a great time going to the Christmas Tree farm, picking one out, cutting it down, and setting it up (while listening to Christmas music, of course). I love that we get to incorporate pieces from our reception into our Christmas decorations, we call it our classy Christmas Tree. We are excited to establish our own Christmas traditions this year, plus we will more than likely have a white Christmas since it has already snowed here.   

School is wrapping up for the year for both of us which will give us more time to spend with one another for a little bit. I can't believe we have almost been married for 5 months. Time sure does fly when you're having fun. We are LOVING married life and have such a blast together!

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone has a fabulous week! I will try to post more often to keep everyone updated, I know I've been slacking in this area!

Post a Comment