SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Victoria's Secret

It's been a whole month since I've started working at good ole VS.
I can't believe how fast it has gone by.

I remember the night of my first day.  I had come home from work and my feet and legs were throbbing. I knew I had to get up for work at 5 the next morning so I went and took a hot bubble bath hoping that it would make my legs feel better and help me sleep better that night but it didn't. I remember waking Brad up and saying we needed to go get medicine right then and there. So we hopped in the car and drove to Wal-mart to get some medicine, what a good husband I have. Thankfully my feet quickly adjusted, getting new shoes and gel inserts probably helped a lot with that problem. 

For waking up at 5am three days a week I have to say most of the time I enjoy my job and don't dread waking up so early and working all day long. Working in a store full of girls was a big concern for me when I took the job, you see girls and I don't always get along and of course there will always be one who hates me (luckily I don't have to work with her very often) but on a more positive note there is a girl from North Carolina and we totally clicked so it's nice to have a girl to talk to and it is a bonus she is from the South.

Also working there comes with awesome free/cheap gifts! I have 2 new bras for free already and I've only worked there for a month. I also got recognized at our bra summit/shrink meeting. I was so happy and I was the only new girl who got recognized so I that made it even better! I usually only work in shipment but the last two weeks I have also worked in pink and beauty so I'm getting to know everything. And as sad as this sounds they told me when I onboarded that soon I would be able to tell you a bra's name just by looking at the straps and to be honest I can do it for the most part. 

As much as I enjoy my job and enjoy making money there are days where I really miss my weekends with Brad. I work Friday and Saturday so it pretty much limits what we can do since I have to be up so early. Plus, life is about to get really crazy because I will be taking a bigger course load this next term. To say I'm a little nervous would be an understatement. Overall though I am so grateful for the job I have mostly because it gives me something to do! 

And since I know somebody will ask me...Maybe one day I will tell you all Victoria's Secret! ;)


Post a Comment