SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 25, 2015

our first doctors appointment

I picked the earliest appointment I could of the day, 8:45 am. What can I say, I was so eager to get this baby confirmed! However, I felt like we were in the waiting room forever. I guess everyone else likes to get their appointments done and out of the way because they were looking for rooms to put people in for a long time.

I was trying so hard to relax so that my blood pressure wouldn't be through the roof because I have a serious case of white coat syndrome. It doesn't even make sense. But I guess this little baby is my lucky charm because it was the lowest its ever been at the doctors! It was actually the ideal blood pressure, so thank you, baby!

Like I said in my previous post I had been in the same room not too long ago, so as soon as they saw me they were like congratulations, that didn't take too long after all.

I had heard that some doctors don't do an ultrasound at the first appointment so I didn't want to get my hopes up when they wheeled in the ultrasound machine because I was just expecting the heart Doppler and I would've been content with that.

However, the technician looked at Brad and I and asked what we were hoping for. Knowing that we wouldn't be able to find out the gender for another 10+ weeks I quickly replied "a healthy baby". haha. Brad said a girl and informed the technician that I would like a boy.

Once the technician got everything set up my doctor came in and started chatting with us. Then she said well lets take a peek at this baby. I was SO excited that we were going to get to see the little babe. Brad came over so that he could see the screen and hold my hand through the process, I was glad he did, not because I was scared, but because I felt like in that moment we were getting to see what we had been dreaming about for a long time.

Then we saw the little heart beating. SO surreal you guys, I started tearing up and Brad squeezed my hand. Although we didn't get to hear it, the doctor said it was beating at about 125-130bpm and was measuring exactly where it should be. It's so crazy to think that baby schmidt is already moving and growing like crazy in there. I can't wait to be able to feel it, but we did get to see it waving it's little arm like it was saying "hi mom and dad".
baby schmidt at 8 weeks, 6 days
Our next appointment isn't for another two weeks but I'm so excited to see how much our baby has grown and to hopefully get to hear the heart beat this time around. I will keep y'all posted! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow and it's crazy to think that I am almost done with this first trimester! Hopefully time keeps flying because we are so eager to meet our little one!

2 comments :

  1. I can't believe you're already 11 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! Sometimes it feels like it's dragging while some days I'm like holy cow I'm a third of the way done!

      Delete