SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

that precious double line

I'm back again to continue our story.

So after my appointment which was on July 31st, I went about life as normal. Except for the fact that I had finally convinced myself that it would be awhile before I got pregnant because my doctor had told me for some people it just takes a little longer, and that I would be okay.

Flash forward about a week and a half. I was at the church because I had an interview set up with the bishop to get a new calling and a sister in the ward came up to Brad and I and asked if we were pregnant because we just seemed so happy and like we were glowing. I told her that we wished so badly that we were but that it might be awhile before we got that opportunity.

I was due to start the next day. However, I just didn't feel like I was going to. I usually am really mean the week before and start to cramp a couple of days before I start but I hadn't showed any of those signs. So the next day came and nothing, this didn't really surprise me because sometimes my app is off by a couple of days. I told Brad that I just kept getting this feeling that it wasn't going to start, not that I thought I was pregnant, because I felt great and I had just been to the doctor.

He convinced me to buy a test. I was really hesitant because those things aren't cheap and I really didn't want to see another negative. I went home and debated back and forth about taking it. I think it was getting on Brad's nerves and he was like just take it already, there are two in the pack, so it doesn't really matter. So I headed into the bathroom, I told him when to start the timer, and I sat there to see the results. In the past they have seemed like those 3 minutes are like 300 minutes, but that double line popped up so fast. I was freaking out and I was like uh Brad you need to come here. I thought my eyes were playing games on me, because I was so used to seeing negatives. He was like "nope that's definitely a positive, we are pregnant! we did it!". I felt like I was in shock, I wasn't expecting to see a positive at all, especially after my doctor had told me that for some people it just takes longer. However, we were and are THRILLED.

We spent the rest of the night talking about how blessed we felt because we were finally getting to become parents. All of our prayers and fasting had finally paid off. This whole thing has been such a testimony builder of God's plan for us and how His timing is so perfect.

I won't have to be pregnant during the hot southern summer (hallelujah!) and the baby will be here before Brad takes his first set of boards so we don't have to worry about me going into labor while he is taking a $500 test. Plus Brad won't have to worry about too much studying and can enjoy the baby too since after boards he will just be in the clinic!

Sorry for such a long winded post, props to you if you made it through the end. Next up is all about our first appointment! :)

Post a Comment