SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

our journey to pregnancy

Hi there! I told you I would be back! Let's just get to the very beginning of this.

Ever since I was a little girl I have dreamed about becoming a mom. If you asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up the answer would always be a mom. I always figured I would have an easy time obtaining that dream. I mean you hear of all these people who have sex "just once" and get pregnant, how hard could it be?

For us it took a little bit longer. Before Brad got into Dental School we had been trying for a few months with no luck. Once he got accepted, we put it on hold to see how we would survive dental school. The first two semesters went by and we did a lot of praying and fasting about continuing our efforts to extend our family.

At the beginning of this year we decided we would start trying again. Each month that went by with another negative test got a little more emotional than the last. I was getting frustrated that it wasn't just happening. I was getting bitter seeing more and more people announce their pregnancies when I felt it was my turn.

In July I set up an appointment to meet with my OB/GYN. I had always heard that they don't really do anything about infertility until after a year of trying, but I still wanted to get things checked out to make sure that there weren't any unknown issues that might be making it harder. I am also a stresser (which doesn't help when trying to get pregnant) so I knew that after I talked to a doctor I would feel better about it regardless of the outcome. At my doctors appointment I was reassured once again that everything was checking out normal and as we were wrapping up at the appointment my doctor said "for some people it just takes longer". I went out feeling hopeful, but also with a new faith that I just needed to trust in the Lord's timing and plan for us and our family.

Post a Comment