SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

La Push

This past Saturday, there was no sleeping in for us. We woke up early {4:00 am to be exact} to get on the first ferry out to La Push. I had never been on a ferry ride or to La Push so I was pretty excited. I have been told that everyone who lives in Seattle has to experience a ferry ride once, and since we move in less than a month, it was crunch time. I however, was more excited for La Push since I had read the Twilight books and seen the movies. Love the books, somewhat like the movies. I'm not a crazy obsessed fan though. You know they were actually filmed in Oregon though. Anyways, getting off topic. 

We drove onto the ferry and went to the little restaurant on board to get some breakfast. We had some amazing cinnamon rolls, and some chocolate milk that was almost as good as my grandpa's. The ferry ride is actually really short, 30 minutes to be exact, so it felt like we got on, ate, then had to get right off. Then we had to drive 4 additional hours to actually get down to La Push.


The beaches of La Push are absolutely gorgeous but so different from they type of beaches I went to growing up. There are three different beaches in La Push too, and we managed to see all three in one day. For the last two we actually had to hike down to the beach. It was so different for me to have to hike through the woods to get to the beach but I think it added to the beauty of the beach in my opinion.


We love to go hiking and love the beach so it was definitely a win-win situation. We enjoyed a picnic on the beach and lots of time to just catch up and talk, and of course take pictures {Brad is such a good sport}. With school we are always so busy, so we always enjoy the little things and the time that we get to spend with one another.


 Happy Wednesday everyone, you've made it half way through the week! :)

Post a Comment