SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, October 7, 2012

the radio likes to make me cry

On Friday night we went to the temple. Honestly such perfect timing with it being General Conference this weekend. Feeling so blessed to be able to hear from our modern day prophet, President Thomas S. Monson and other church leaders. I always love going to the temple and the Seattle temple has a special place in my heart for many reasons. 

On the way home I promise the radio was determined to make me cry. I'll start with I always miss my family. How could I not?! We have been through so much together and the older we get the closer we grow. 

Anyways, anyone who knows me knows I am the biggest Mommas girl around. She is my best friend, my rock, my go to girl, she is the one I tell everything to, etc. All wrapped up in the prettiest package. She gets me, she understands me, she knows my wants, and knows what I am capable of. 

So when the radio played this song I pretty much lost it.
Most of you sit there and think oh but that song is so sweet and so good. That's exactly why it made my cry. Before I graduated high school my mom wrote me a note {fairly common, it's what we do} and said that this song reminded her of me, and that she wished all of that for me. This song will forever remind me of her, it reminds me of her love for me and that she just wants the best for me and she would do anything to make that happen. 

And because the radio thought I didn't shed enough tears it decided to play this song next.
Seriously?! I am newlywed. Haven't even been married for 3 months. I love my dad and all of these emotions are so fresh. I know that my dad loves me so much. He never loses faith in me and is always so proud of my accomplishments and he expresses it. Whenever I make a good grade I will tell my mom and always call him to tell him personally because I know it makes him proud. He was an example of what to look for in a husband and I think I did a pretty good job! :)

Anyways, so there you go. The radio likes to make me cry and that is okay. Because secretly after those songs came on the radio, I've listened to them about 5 more times each. I love being reminded of how I  came to be the person I am today and my parents play the biggest role in how I go to where I'm at and I hope they are pleased and feel as if I'm a job well done!

Post a Comment