SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Our Reception

This might be the longest post ever known in bloggy land. The Friday after we got married we had our reception. We had it at a clubhouse in a local neighborhood. Friday Morning Brad and I drove down to meet my family to help set up for the reception in the evening. After we got all the tables and chairs set up and all the decorations we headed back to the house to do food preparation. All the women folk in my family spent the morning chopping food up and getting it all ready. Brad spent the morning sleeping, poor boy was exhausted and I knew that would be the only time he would get to sleep that day. My friend Angie came over to do my hair again, I'm telling y'all she is hands down the best! After that I rushed to get my makeup done and Brad and I drove over to the clubhouse for bridal party pictures. 

I might as well just go ahead and admit that  I kind of pulled a little bridezilla at this point. I had sent out information cards along with the invites to be at the clubhouse at 4 pm for pictures. When we got there only 1 member of the bridal party was there and he didn't even have his tux on. By the time everyone got there it was around 5. So we finally got the pictures taken and they look so good in my opinion!   

At 6:30 pm my dad conducted a ring ceremony for family and close friends. He did an amazing job and I have heard so many comments from my friends about how sweet my dad's message was. I am so proud of him and so honored to have him as my dad. After the ring ceremony the reception started. There were so many people who stopped by. Brad and I are so thankful and overwhelmed by the love and support of so many people. We truly are blessed.
Just some of the many people who came!
Here are some of the details of the reception:
Candy Buffet :)
Tables & Centerpieces
Flowers

Wedding Cake!     


Sister Turner, Mrs. Sheila, Sister Daniels, and Aunt Shelli
My wonderful mother and best friend :)
The reception was so beautiful and described Brad and I perfectly. My mom put so much work into it and it really paid off. A HUGE thank you to these ladies, you made this night come to life!

Stay tuned for honeymoon! :)

Post a Comment