SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Put On Your Big Girl Panties

You can only sit in an apartment for so long before going crazy, you can only clean a bathroom so many times, and eventually you will run out of dishes to wash. I have enjoyed being able to sit down and have lunch with my husband every day and being home with dinner ready once he gets off of work. But like I said I can't sit at home all day bored out of my mind. I run out of things to do. Solution to that problem, get a job.

Brad and I had discussed me getting a job once we got married. We are so blessed that Brad has a good job and that I have the option of staying home if I wanted or needed to. However I would go crazy sitting at home all day every day by myself just waiting for Brad to come home. We both know school is my top priority so it would just need to be a part time job. Since I am taking online classes my schedule is pretty flexible.

I didn't plan on getting a job until after school had started that way I could have a good idea of how many hours I could handle. I had been looking at all the stores I would stop in to shop at to see if they were hiring and it seems like everyone here is. My mom told me to look online and see who was hiring on Monday. I came across an ad offering a part time job for two adorable little girls. The ad had just been posted so I decided to act fast before I missed out on what I saw as the perfect opportunity. So I applied and not more than 10 minutes later I heard back. We scheduled to meet the next day. So yesterday afternoon I went over to meet the girls. They are ages 2 and a half and 5 months and are the sweetest, cutest girls. We hit it off immediately. I left feeling confident that I would get the job and so thankful that God always puts the right things in my life at the right time. 

Today I got a text from the mom asking if I would be their nanny and I am so happy to be able to accept that job. I have LOVED all my past nanny jobs and God has blessed me so much with them in the past. It's a job I truly enjoy and seeing that it fits PERFECTLY with my school schedule I couldn't be more thrilled. 

So it's time to put my big girl panties on and start the juggling act of my duties as a wife, student, and now employee. I am so excited to see how it goes and am feeling so blessed with the life that Brad and I have.

Post a Comment